Immunicum announces new member of the Scientific Advisory Board, Anders Öhlén, further expanding the industrial experience and expertise in clinical development
Gothenburg, Sweden, March 3, 2016 - Immunicum AB (publ), developer of sophisticated, safe and efficient therapeutic cancer treatments with powerful and long lasting immune responses, today announced that Anders Öhlén was appointed as the newest member of the Company's Scientific Advisory Board.
Anders Öhlén brings to Immunicum extensive experience as a senior executive in drug development and medical affairs from Kabi Pharmacia (now Pfizer), Astra, Aventis and Bristol-Myers Squibb, just to name a few and will be instrumental in expanding the depth and experience in clinical development that already exists at Immunicum. He has worked in several therapy areas and has been involved in all aspects of product life cycle management during his 30+ years of work in the healthcare and bio-pharma industries. Most recently, from 2010 to 2016, he was the CEO of the Swedish Pharmaceutical Insurance.
- Anders Öhlén's many years of industrial experience related to clinical development is very relevant to us at Immunicum. We are very pleased that Anders has accepted our invitation to join our Scientific Advisory Board and look forward to a fruitful collaboration, says Immunicum's CEO, Jamal El-Mosleh.
Additional members of Immunicum's Scientific Advisory Board are:
· Bengt Furberg, associate professor of clinical physiology.
· Rolf Kiessling, chief physician and professor of experimental oncology.
· Roger Henriksson, chief physician and professor of experimental oncology.
· Curt Furberg, professor of public health sciences.
For further information please contact:
Jamal El-Mosleh, CEO, Immunicum
Telephone: +46 (0) 31 41 50 52
The Company's Certified Adviser is Redeye AB
Telephone: +46 (0) 8 545 013 31. www.redeye.se
About Immunicum AB (publ)
Immunicum AB (publ) develops cancer immune primers for the treatment of tumor diseases. A clinical phase II trial with the Company's most advanced product - INTUVAX® against kidney cancer - has been initiated. The project portfolio contains additional clinical phase I/II studies in liver cancer and in gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST).